The Food Industry Business Roundtable (FIBR) is a non-profit business association of food processors in Southern California. FIBR was incorporated in 1996 as part of the Rebuild L.A. (RLA) manufacturing networks initiative and continued under the Community Development Technologies Center (CDTech)'s Los Angeles Manufacturing Networks Initiative (LAMNI).
Over FIBR's 20 year history, we have grown from an initial five founding members to over 150 members today. Comprised of primarily small to medium sized businesses, our members are located throughout the Southern California region. FIBR members' products are diverse and include everything from fresh produce, meats, seafood, kimchi, barbeque sauces, hot sauces, juices, coffees, teas, nuts, sausages, and sushi to artisan breads.
FIBR has established a variety of programs and partnerships designed to meet the needs of our members. Some examples are:
- The FIBR Food Safety Training Institute that has become the cornerstone of FIBR's services;
- The creation of three important industry documents: The first-ever tri-lingual (English, Spanish and Chinese) GMP Manual; The Construction Guidebook for Wholesale Food Facilities and The Environmental Compliance Guidebook for Wholesale Food Facilities;
- The establishment of the Regional Wholesale Food Processors Committee (RWFPC), a co-operative effort between FIBR and regulatory agencies from the local to the federal level;
- The Bi-Annual Southern California Meet Your Inspectors Forum, a unique opportunity for the food industry to hear about the most recent regulatory laws or issues and to meet their inspectors in a friendly environment;
- The Dorsey Culinary Arts Speaker Series, a program that sends speakers to this Los Angeles inner-city school to inspire students and expose them to the many careers available in the food processing industry.
- The FIBR LATTC Advisory Committee serves as advisors to the faculty at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College's Culinary Arts and Professional Baking Programs.
- FIBR Annual A Taste of FIBR Awards Dinner. FIBR's networking event of the Year that honors FIBR finest with the Food Processor of the Year, Community Partner of the Year and the Food Safety Achievement Awards.
- The FIBR Student Scholarships benefit deserving Students who are the aspiring next generation of Food Industry Professionals.
- The Going Global Roundtable Series which brings FIBR members together with international trade representatives to discuss export opportunities.
To learn more please about these and other programs and services, please explore our website or Contact Us with any questions or comments.